Friday, April 11, 2008

Stale Eggs

Friday, April 11, 2008
Do you watch The Real Housewives of NY? Oh my goodness...I like the Housewives of the OC, but THIS is scary. Not spider scary, more like clown scary...or a train wreck. I've been watching it from the beginning of the season and don't get it. I don't understand why most of the women were chosen. They are billed to be the elite class, the top of the top echelon of NY society women, I beg to differ. A couple of them, I agree with, but the others, no friggin' way.

The OC women are all, for the most part, self made. They all have jobs, real jobs and families that they take care of. I've only noticed one of the NY women have an actual job, Betthany. She's the token single girl and a personal chef. I'm not a fan of hers. I like 2 of them...LuAnn, she's a Countess and Jill, who tells it like she sees it and isn't a social climber. She's where she needs to be. The other two women are embarrassing. One of them dresses like shes 24, but certainly isn't. Her daughter keeps telling her she needs to change her wardrobe, but she really couldn't give a shit. She looks like mutton dressed as lamb and acts in the same manner. Oh and they need to say who her Dr is, because the skin around her eyes is pulled WAY too tight...she always looks like she's had a fright. AND then there's Alex, who is attached at the hip to her husband. They NEVER go anywhere alone, including a girl's night Alex was invited to, she brought Simon (the hubby)...go figure. They are the MOST annoying of them all. They're social climbers and make friends to enhance their status.

So, last week, Betthany, broke up with her boyfriend and just HAD to go to Miami for a week to get over it. When she got back she met a friend for drinks. Her girl friend knew the story, but Betthany filled her in with how she was feeling and thinking she should get back with the guy. The friend, married with kids, launched into a speech about her age and the fact that at 35ish, women's eggs aren't fresh anymore and every year they become more stale..."you don't want to make a baby with old eggs, do you?" To which Betthany responded "I get it, I certainly wouldn't make an omelette with old eggs". Yeah, thanks...made me feel really great...NOT

You have to watch it if you're not already, just so you can see whether you agree with my brief synopsis.

Five days...I'm going to be pregnant, I'm going to be pregnant, I'm going to be pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment