Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday evening...

Monday, April 14, 2008


I have 2 more days til my period is due but I've done 2 pee stick tests which have both said I'm not pregnant, so I'm praying they're wrong, but there is nothing I can change if I'm not pregnant this month except repeat what I did last month. Having never been pregnant I have no idea how I'm supposed to feel. All my friends keep telling me what the "symptoms" are, but so far I feel none of them. So, to take my mind off the only thing at the forefront of my mind I have decided to elaborate on some of my earlier posts. That makes absolutely NO sense but this is MY blog and it makes sense to me.

Firstly, there's the title. I started this blog without telling anyone, because everyone has an opinion and everyone's opinion is different and as much as I value my family and friends and what they have to say, I wanted it to get going before I heard them, or was judged for writing it (not that I think for one second anyone would judge me). I called it ohohbaby because that's what this decade is called, no? There were the 80's, the 90's and now the 00's. I tossed up whether to call it doubleohbaby, but I liked ohoh better.

I have one friend who did a lot of cajoling, she was the first one I told about this. I would send her emails about my day, or how I felt about something, or what did she think about blah blah...she kept telling me I should turn all the emails into a blog. Me, air my laundry in Cyberland? The thought had never crossed my mind. I could write my piece in my head and knew exactly what I wanted to say, but when it came to putting fingers to keyboard, I couldn't do it. She finally told me to pretend I was writing to her and just take her name off the top before I published the post....YAY, it worked. Now it's much easier and I look forward to sitting down at the end of the day and writing.

More on this tomorrow...I didn't realize the time and I have to be up super early. I'm dog sitting for friends this week. Their dog is my dog's brother (we have no idea whether the dogs know, but it's a question we're forever being asked). They live about 20 minutes away from where I live, work and go to yoga, so I have to get up earlier than normal so I can let the dogs out, give them breakfast and let them out again before I leave at 7.45 to get to an 8.15 yoga class. It may be a pipe dream...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment