Sunday, April 6, 2008

The waiting game

Sunday, April 6, 2008
Patience is DEFINITELY not my middle name. I hate waiting, I've always hated waiting...I'm all for instant gratification. I have to wait 2 weeks before I find out whether the sperm that I chose, decided to mate with my egg. I'm sure my uterus was very welcoming, lit some candles, opened a bottle of wine, cooked a great dinner and then had at least one of my eggs take one for the team and put out on the first date.

In my head I'm not pregnant, although I hope to g-d that I am. I'm still drinking coffee and alcohol, eating raw goat and sheep cheese and sushi....I figure I have 2 weeks, well, less now, to do all the things I wont be able to do when I find out I AM pregnant. I will stop the second I find out, btw...

In the interim, I'll tell you all about the other things going on in my life, because I do actually have a life! My Dad left to go to NC on Thursday to meet up with his golf buddies for a few days then go to the ATL to the Masters only to return in 10ish days.

I work Tuesday through Saturday, so now I'm starting my weekend. I'm not a fan of going out for the sake of it, so I'm staying home tonight. I gave Ollie a bath because he was at the point where only his mother could stand to be around him, and even I was embarrassed to take him out in public. Now I'm sitting here with my laptop, internet dating and writing my blog....
One of my girl friends just called to say she's back from a three week vacation in Australia. She got off the plane 2 hours ago and is already out. This is when I wish I still lived in NY...could have met up with her, but oh well, I'll go in next weekend and play...might be my last big weekend for a long time!!!

Sidebar....When I say I'm still drinking alcohol, I drink maybe a glass of red wine with dinner. I certainly don't go out and get hammered, on a regular basis....or ever for that matter...well maybe once in a blue moon, but this really is on the very odd occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment