Monday, May 5, 2008

G'day (I'm not a fan of the word)

Monday, May 5, 2008

Here I am in what should be sunny Sydney. It was yesterday when I arrived, which apparently was very exciting for everyone because last week was freezing (Sydney freezing, not NE America freezing) and it rained constantly for the two weeks prior...oh and my arrival was exciting for all and sundry also.

My plane got in at 8am and Mum was there to greet me. First thing I did when we got home was shower. I'm such a germophobe and the thought of plane/airport germs skeeves me out. The flight, apart from being incredibly long, was incident free and I got to catch up on all the movies I hadn't seen...No Country For Old Men, Atonement (I cried buckets at the end. The man sitting next to me mucsh have thought I was crazy), Gone Baby Gone, The Kite Runner (more tissues please) and 27 Dresses (needed a light fluffy one so there would be no more crying). I cannot sleep on planes, no matter whether I'm cramped on a coach seat, or lying flat in biz, CANNOT sleep...it's infuriating. Couldn't take anything either, just in case I am pregnant.

See, I hadn't forgotten, just waiting it out alothough today I feel like I'm going to get my period, which would suck, but I have a plan for while I'm here, if that ends up being the case. I called my gynocologist who I see when I'm here, to find out he's away, probably at Angie and Brad's wedding, or something (haha). He was my plan A, so I had to then devise plan B. Today I have to call the Dr who sees his patients when he's unavailable and beg his to see me this week...maybe, if I get my period...well, I'll call and speak to his receptionist and hear what she has to say.

I saw my grandmother yesterday. I was very happy that she recognized me straight away...she IS about to turn 98, and I haven't seen her in a year. I also got to see my nephew and niece. My nephew and I IM and email to catch up, but my niece is too young for that. She's one very cute, wacky chick. When I saw her last year, she was only 18 months old and the only way she knows me is from when she hears her parents or mine talk about me, or when I send her clothes. I brought her lots of nail polish from Priti and today we are having pedis and she's getting rainbow toes. She won't show me her clothes because for some reason, one none of us understand, she thinks I'm going to take the ones I've given her, back. I asked her why I she wouldn't show them to me and she said "because I want to keep them" So sad/cute/puzzling.

I'll add to this later today....

No comments:

Post a Comment