Sunday, July 13, 2008

My week in a nutshell

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wow this week flew by. I'm not sure where it went, but this is what's been going on in my world...

On Tuesday, I had my blood test and ultrasound so they could determine what day I'd be ovulating (this blog is about me getting pregnant, remember?) I was told to take, or more rightly, inject myself with Ovidrel that night and to come back on Thursday morning to be inseminated.

So I did, and I was and now I wait two weeks. I know I have to be optimistic, and I am, for the most part, but when people say, third time lucky, or this will be the one...they don't know that. I realize they're just trying to be positive, and I'm thankful for that, but it's going to happen when it happens and I can't get my hopes up, or get really excited until I see a positive pregnancy test. Hence the posts about anything BUT me getting pregnant! Every month is the same as the previous one, so I figured you wanted to read more exciting stuff so you'd stick around.

That night I cooked myself dinner and burned my wrist (did quite a good job actually) and I wasn't even cooking meat. I was steaming broccoli and when it was done, I took the pan to the sink to drain out the water. The lid moved and I burned my wrist on the steam....OUCH. anyone who has seen it has cringed!
Rock on aloe vera gel.....it's my best friend right now.

Last Saturday night I went to see SATC with a couple of girl friends. As predictable as it was, I still liked it. Who wouldn't be in awe of the wardrobe changes, I mean, wow. Since seeing it, I've been noticing all the small groups of women out and about and it got me wondering what sort of friendships they have. My friends and I can say anything to one another, and we do. Hell, if your friends can't take constructive criticism or honesty, or talking about, well, anything and everything, then they're acquaintances and you need real friends.

While this is a platform for me being able to blurt out my thoughts and getting pregnant - which, in itself is usually private, there are certain aspects that only my closest friends and family are privy to, such as:

which donor I chose,
which Fit Flops I pre ordered

speaking of which....I got my MBTs on Wednesday and as soon as I went home, I put them on and dragged Ollie for a walk. It's been really hot and he apart from our morning walk and visit to the park to play with his friends, he really doesn't like going out. They are weird to walk in, but after you get the hang of it, they're quite comfortable. I took him again on Thursday morning, but my butt hasn't reduced in size yet. May need a couple more days!!!

Now it's Friday night and I have to work tomorrow, so it's off to bed for moi. Keep rooting for me, but please don't get all Hallmarky, just stay real ....

No comments:

Post a Comment