Friday, November 28, 2008

Post Thanksgiving

Friday, November 28, 2008

Yesterday, for those who don't live in the USA, was Thanksgiving. One of my favorite holidays...you get to spend time with family and/or friends, eat LOTS of food and you don't have to buy gifts for everyone.

I went to a morning yoga class, then home for breakfast, picked up Ollie and met a friend and her dog to go for a hike. The weather was perfect. Back home to shower and off to friends for Thanksgiving dinner, which was really fun.

This morning I had an appointment at the Fertility Clinic for blood work and an ultrasound. I got my period yesterday after being on the Pill this month. You're not supposed to get cysts if you're on the Pill, but I apparently managed to. Then was told...in a phone message, that my FSH (estrogen) levels are too high - because of the cyst, and I can't go ahead with the IVF this month....g-d damn it. Now I have to wait until January...

I will say, though, I'm extremely lucky to be working with the nicest (for want of a better word) group of people. I really lucked out with this job. Everyone knows what I'm doing and are being incredibly supportive. Not that I would expect any less...it's just great to know they have my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment