Tuesday, November 4, 2008

vote vote vote vote vote

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today, there's only one thing on the minds of every American...

"Who is going to be elected President tonight?"

As a Resident with a Green Card the US Government has no problem making me pay taxes, but I cannot vote. I HAVE made my choice heard though, not that it counts!!!

Changing the topic to something way more interesting....

In the last ten days I went on 4 dates.
The first was a dinner. The guy told a REALLY long, boring story and I pretended I was interested. He walked me to my car at the end of the night, I said thank you and good bye and held out my hand to shake his. We had no chemistry....NEXT

A couple of nights later, I met another guy for drinks and dinner. This looked more promising. He wasn't bad looking and it wasn't like pulling teeth to make conversation. Although, by the end of the meal, he started to get a bit touchy, feely....and then, thought he should kiss me when he said bye...I thought not.

He did call me the next day to ask me out for the following night, which I agreed to. I showed up at the time we'd discussed, and as I got out of my car, I could see him walking towards me. I knew then I would have preferred be home on the couch and that didn't want to be there (yeah, I'm fickle), but I figured I'd keep my thoughts to myself and maybe it would be ok. We sat down and he started to talk, no, bitch about his divorce and how the ex took him for everything he had. EVERY topic lead back to his divorce, it was making me crazy. This was a definite dating no no. I was happy when the check was paid and I could leave.

The following day, he sent me a text message asking whether I'd like to go out again!!! I decided I needed to email him.

"Hi xxxx,

Thank you again for last night. You're a great guy and will make someone very happy...one day, but you're not over your divorce and although you think you are ready for a relationship, you need to get past the bitterness of the divorce and your ex to be able to move forward.
I'm sure our paths will cross again and I wish you luck in your search for true happiness.

Nicky"

His response was that he believes he IS ready for a relationship and we just obviously aren't compatible. Ummm, ok, I'm sure talking about your divorce ad nauseum could be a turn on for someone...

The last was lunch on Sunday. This guy turned up in old ill fitting jeans, a sweatshirt and white tennis shoes....pahlease make an effort. Again, I knew this was going to be a very quick meal. There was NO chemistry, mainly because he had absolutely no personality. I was home within the hour!!!

My date filtering system must have been on the fritz last week. No more dating until it's fixed....

No comments:

Post a Comment