Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 ended (thankfully) with neither pomp nor circumstance. It's last few weeks were actually rather uneventful....

No pregnancy
A couple of dates I'd rather forget
Lots of work
Fun Holiday drinks/dinners with friends
and a Ponzi Scheme

2009 began with a thump....literally....I drove over a pot hole on my way home last night and, consequently, have a flat tire.

I met friends for New Year's Eve dinner in NY, then a party in Jersey. I had planned on staying at my ex husband's seeing as he's away and I could take Ollie with me. I'd driven in during the snow storm in the afternoon, got Ollie settled and got myself spruced up for some fun and frivolity. I must say, I'm not a huge fan of NYE, especially in NYC....it turns into amateur hour, but I had friends in from out of town, and would have gone anywhere to spend time with them.

I got back to the apartment and felt weird staying there, so I packed up my stuff and Ollie and I drove home at 2am. I'm usually good at spotting pot holes, before I drive over them, but this one just appeared out of nowhere!!! As soon as I'd run over it, I knew, but it took a while for the tire pressure light to come on and by that time, I was, thankfully, just about home. It was about 10 degrees F and I was NOT going to get out and walk, so I limped the car home.

I've organized for it to be towed to the dealership in the morning, but today, I'm stuck at home. Thank goodness I have homemade soup in the freezer.

May 2009 be a wonderful, healthy and prosperous year for everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment