Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back on the Pregnancy Bandwagon

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I've spent to past three weeks acclimating into Sydney life. I've had to keep reminding myself that I'm here to stay and not on vacation. I'm usually here for two weeks (maybe three) and spend them juggling everyone and everything in...trying to see my friends more than once, making sure I see my family enough and fitting in the appointments -

dentist...I've had the same one since I had my baby teeth, why give him up!!! Also, health insurance in the US charges an arm and a leg, but funnily enough, no teeth, for dental coverage.

osteopath...Love my osteo in Sydney...never gonna give him up. My appointment is usually the day I arrive. I've turned up not being able to stand straight because my back or my hips have been out, and he puts me back together.

gynecologist...pap smears are yearly and I was coming back once a year, so why bother with a newbie. Although, in the past year, with all the insemination stuff, I've had to find an obgyn. Then I gave him up and came back...

hairdresser...one of my bffs has a salon, and I love the way she cuts and colors and she's been doing my hair since she was an apprentice. We had a couple of scary moments back then, but thankfully, hair grows back and that was a LONG time ago.

I've seen the fertility Dr here and have an appointment on Thursday for a Hysterosalpingogram (known as HSG in the future) and on Tuesday, I have to have counseling for IVF and donor sperm. Remember I had it when I first started the process in CT, but I have to have it again here, just like I had to have all the blood tests again. Not sure why nothing can be transferred from one English speaking country to another, but I'm going with the flow.

I'm off to yoga shortly. It's something I'm used to doing almost daily and have yet to find a studio here that offers a class and teacher I like every day. Not bitching, just pointing out a fact...

No comments:

Post a Comment