Monday, August 24, 2009

And Today..

Monday, August 24, 2009


The couch I ordered five weeks ago, that was promised to me two weeks ago, was finally delivered...it's gone back because the delivery men couldn't figure out how to get it around the corner of the hallway. I even asked one of my neighbors if he minded them going into his apartment to try to maneuver the sofa that way, but still no luck.

I've been SO looking forward to getting my couch and finally being able to entertain and be comfortable and was kind of upset, to say the least. The guys, one of whom was deathly afraid of Ollie, tried everything they could and even called the showroom manager to ask his opinion. They assured him they had tried everything... EVERYTHING.

Another delivery man called me this afternoon to let me know he was going to pick up said couch and re-deliver it tomorrow morning. Ummm, ok.

Something has been niggling at me all day. I couldn't understand why I would have bought a couch, a rather large couch at that, without thinking twice about it fitting into my apartment. It suddenly dawned on me after work, as I was opening my front door tonight. I DIDN'T order a one-piece three seater, it was supposed to come in two sections as a 2 and a one seater...DOH.

I called the company and explained the situation to the manager. Unfortunately, on the order I signed, the sales person had written 3 seater, but had explained it would be made the same as the floor model...in TWO SECTIONS. I also remembered one of the features being that the armrests are detachable, so the one seat can move to be a chair on it's own with the matching ottoman. Damn, I wish this was all so clear to me at 9.30am when I was having an anxiety attack!!!

Oh, and also, I dobbed on the delivery guys, who swore blind there was nothing more they could do...they never bothered to remove the armrests. This would have made a huge difference, but the Universe obviously didn't want me to have it...

N x

No comments:

Post a Comment