Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lentil Day

Wednesday, June 30, 2010


I had my appointment with the naturopath yesterday. She told me she can help with my egg production and quality. G-d knows it what I need right now. I've decided to wait a couple of months before I do another round of IVF to make this worthwhile.

We chatted, she asked questions...lots of questions, she looked into my eyes, caringly, not lovingly...she also practices iridology. She told me my iron is low and I'm not eating enough protein, which is needed for egg production. I left with a swag of vitamin supplements and a new eating regime.

I don't eat early breakfast. Never have. I can't eat before 10am. I now have to eat protein for each meal (three times a day) and must eat protein by 8am. Because I don't eat nuts, I have to eat an egg or veggie soup first thing in the morning. I also have to graze in between meals. This is way more food than I'm used to and am wondering where it's all going to fit - in my stomach, but I'm going to follow it because it can only improve my chances.

Today was day one. I had one egg in my fridge, which I managed to drop on the floor, (not happy, Jan) so I ate a piece of toast with cheese and took my handful of capsules.

She said I can still have my one soy latte every day. Thank goodness.

For lunch I bought a lentil soup from the health food store. And for dinner, more lentils!!! Not really sure why today was lentil day, but tomorrow I think I'll give them a wide berth...

For someone who doesn't eat a lot of meat, they are a savior because they have nearly as much protein as red meat and I feel better for eating them.

This was not the most thrilling blog post, but I wanted to keep you updated.
The next one will be more fun...

N x

No comments:

Post a Comment