Friday, March 15, 2013

So Very Nearly There

Friday, March 15, 2013
I've written half a dozen blog posts in my head but haven't had the energy to actually post one!!!
I'm now on couch rest, which is like bed rest but I don't have to stay in bed.

The babies were underweight a couple of weeks ago, so my Obstetrician told me I'm now not allowed to move. The less I do, the more they'll grow and as I don't want them spending weeks in the Special Care Unit after they're born, I have heeded his warning advice. It seems to have worked...two weeks ago, they weighed 1.6kg and 1.7kg each. I had another growth scan is week and now they're approximately 2.1kg and 2.2kg!!!
I will say how grateful I am that I haven't blown up during the pregnancy and have put on a total of 10 kilos. 

As long as they don't decide to make an earlier appearance, my Caesarian date is booked for March 26th...ELEVEN DAYS from today.

In the past week, I've sold my Fiat 500, which was beginning to feel like a clown car. I was having trouble getting into and out of it, and have taken delivery of my Mummy Car - a Nissan Dualis. It's great to drive and I love that I'm higher up. I need to get the baby seats fitted sometime next week.
Shit's getting real now...

I'll be on the couch if you need me x

Week 33

Week 34

Week 35 - not sure how much more my belly can stretch!

3 comments:

Sunflower said...

My c-section is Mar 26th as well :-) All the best. Hope the babies grow well the next several days.

Angela said...

Good Luck tomorrow Nicky! I have been reading this blog from the very start and I'm soooooo excited for you!!!

nicky said...

Thank you Angela...It still doesn't seem quite real

Post a Comment